In this article we discuss what to expect before your laser tattoo removal so you can get the best results and feel relaxed and assured about your treatment.
BEFORE LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
Before you book an appointment for laser tattoo removal, it’s really important to have a one-on-one consultation with a certified and trained tattoo removal expert. They will assess your skin, your skin type, the tattoo and colours used and explain how the laser works.
After assessing your tattoo and asking you some questions, the clinician will be able to give you a quote and tell you how many sessions are required. This is your opportunity to ask questions and let them know what you are wanting to achieve – some people want complete removal, whereas others just want to fade their tattoo as they are planning on doing a cover-up.
Winter is a great time for laser tattoo removal as you need to avoid sun exposure before and after each treatment. You’ll also need to put the fake tan on hold during treatment.
Some medications can impact laser tattoo removal to it’s best to discuss them with your clinician and speak to your doctor about any medications (prescription and non-prescription) that you are taking.
You should also stop smoking during treatment as this will help your immune system to clear the ink particles from your system.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
When comparing different lasers, different clinics and different pricing structures, it can be difficult to work out which one is best. To make it easy, we’ve written an article comparing the cost of the PicoWay and other NanoSecond lasers, you can read the article here: The Cost of Laser Tattoo Removal – PicoWay Vs NanoSecond.
HOW DOES THE PICOWAY LASER WORK?
- The PicoWay gives highly effective treatments with more photoacoustic effect, meaning the least amount of heat transfer to the skin. It precisely targets ink particles ensuring the ink is effectively treated and that the surrounding skin remains unharmed
- The PicoWay uses unique picosecond (a trillionth of a second) laser technology to deliver fast, comfortable treatments
- Fewer treatments – FDA cleared for a wide range of tattoos, PicoWay offers better results in fewer treatments for different skin types
- Fast results – with its ultra-fast delivery of concentrated, high-power energy, PicoWay shatters even the tiniest ink particles making it easier for your body to clear the tattoo ink
- Minimal discomfort – since PicoWay’s pulses are fast, you’ll feel minimal discomfort throughout the treatment
- 4 to 6 months tattoo clearance (vs up to 18 months for alternative lasers)
- 2 to 4 weeks between treatments (vs 6 to 8 weeks for alternative lasers)
- Ability to treat fresh tattoos
If you would like to know more about our laser tattoo removal, at Eden Tattoo Removal, tattoo removal specialist Sydney, we offer a free consultation where we can give you personalised information for your tattoo removal and answer any questions you have.
If you have never been to Eden Tattoo Removal, you can either give us a call on 02 8020 5819 or click on one of the buttons below to ask a question or book a free consultation online now.
If you already have an appointment, you can easily add a free consultation to your booking.