In this article, we outline the top three reasons why people give up their tattoo removal goals with a Q-switch laser and move to the PicoWay laser. We explain the PicoWay (picosecond) laser technology and how it works.
TOP REASONS FOR SWITCHING TO THE PICOWAY LASER
The PicoWay is FDA cleared for removing a wide range of tattoos, offering better results in fewer treatments for different skin types. We hear all kinds of reasons for why people come to us after having tried alternative laser tattoo removal, however the three most popular reasons are listed below.
1. Q-switch lasers too painful
If you’ve done your research, you’ll know that tattoo removal with a nanosecond or Q-switch laser is painful. It can feel like burning hot cooking fat splashing on your skin really fast, repeatedly.
2. Faster Results
The length of time it takes to remove a tattoo between a nanosecond (Q-switch) or picosecond (PicoWay) laser can vary by approximately one year. This is driven by the longer recovery time and therefore length or time between sessions required – generally 2-4 week intervals with the PicoWay versus 4-8 weeks with a nanosecond laser.
3. Better Clearance
The quality of your tattoo removal is dependent on the quality of the laser used. The PicoWay laser is the latest generation picosecond laser, developed to treat all tattoo colours on all skin types in the shortest possible time. The PicoWay laser breaks the tattoo ink down into much smaller particles, making it easier for your body to clear the ink.
THE FINAL COST OF TATTOO REMOVAL
Cost will always play a part when deciding on laser tattoo removal and as many of our customers have experienced, it can cost a lot more in the long run when repeated sessions are needed to remove the tattoo.
Although PicoWay is a superior device to the Q-Switch ND:YAG’s, Detail Tattoo Removal will match any clinic’s equivalent series pricing to remove a tattoo.
HOW DOES THE PICOWAY LASER WORK?
- With its ultra-fast delivery of concentrated, high-power energy, PicoWay shatters even the tiniest ink particles making it easier for your body to clear the tattoo ink
- The PicoWay uses unique picosecond (a trillionth of a second) laser technology to deliver fast, comfortable treatments
- The PicoWay uses more photoacoustic effect, meaning the least amount of heat transfer to the skin. It precisely targets ink particles ensuring the ink is effectively treated and that the surrounding skin remains unharmed
- Minimal discomfort – since PicoWay’s pulses are fast, you’ll feel minimal discomfort throughout the treatment
- 4 to 6 months tattoo clearance (vs up to 18 months for alternative lasers)
- 2 to 4 weeks between treatments (vs 6 to 8 weeks for alternative lasers)
- Ability to treat fresh tattoos after the skin has healed
If you would like to know more about our tattoo removal, we offer a free consultation where we can give you personalised information for your tattoo removal and answer any questions you have.
Never been to Eden Tattoo Removal? You can either give us a call on 02 8020 5819 or click on one of the buttons below to ask a question or book a free consultation online now.
If you already have an appointment, you can easily add a free consultation to your booking.