LASER TATTOO REMOVAL SYDNEY – PicoWay
PicoWay: the Leading Technology To Remove Tattoos
The PicoWay is the latest generation device that can make your tattoo disappear up to a year faster than a Q-Switch ND: YAG machine. It allows our highly trained clinicians to treat all colours in the shortest time possible, with the shortest recovery time between treatments.
5 Key Advantages of the PicoWay System
- Shortest pico-second pulses – 40%-50% shorter pulses than other pico-second Laser Systems with next to zero heat for low tissue damage allowing for 2 to 4 week treatment intervals
- Highest peak power – energy shatters pigment (ink) into minuscule fragments achieving average clearance in 4 to 6 months
- Dual wavelengths – 2 highly effective wavelengths (1064 nm & 532 nm) in one picosecond system to treat all colours and skin types
- Able to treat fresh tattoos after skin heals
- Less pain than Nanosecond Laser
Free Consultation – Get Personalised Information
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?Medical grade lasers work by delivering specific wavelengths of laser light into the skin in very short bursts of picosecond or nanosecond pulses of energy, creating a shockwave that fragments the ink and allows the body’s immune system to attack and eliminate the dispersed ink particles. The body’s immune system removes the fragmented ink to fade the tattoo. The number of treatments are determined by the laser system used and the person’s immune system response. Our experienced clinicians are responsible for explaining this process thoroughly during the free consultation. Each expertly trained and accredited clinician will assess your skin type and adjust the laser to provide the optimum setting to deliver the results you expect with minimum discomfort.
2. What is the difference between Picosecond and Nanosecond?Nanosecond Q-Switch Nd:YAG laser system produces a lot of heat in the tissue during treatment. The recovery time for Q-Switch laser system is between treatments is 8 to 10 weeks vs 2 to 4 weeks for PicoWay. See a recent article - The Cost of Laser Tattoo Removal - PicoWay Vs NanoSecond. Q-Switch laser systems do not shatter the pigment particles as small as the PicoWay. On average to clear a tattoo you need between 10 to 15 treatments for Q-Switch vs 6 to 8 treatments for PicoWay. Less time between treatments plus less treatments mean the PicoWay can remove your tattoo between 4 to 6 months vs 18 to 24 months with Q-Switch. PicoWay technology makes nanosecond Q-Switch Nd:YAG laser system obsolete. NANOSECOND Q-SWITCH PRICE MATCH POLICY
3. What is the difference between Picosure and PicoWay machines?Picosure was one of the first Picosecond machines on the market. The PicoWay has improved on this technology in three key areas: * PICOSURE WARNING: US Dermologist brings class action against Cynosure (maker of the Picosure) for selling a device that did not eliminate or remove tattoos. Click to open / download the .PDF article and legal case:
Photoacoustic vs Photothermal
4. How much do treatments or sessions cost?The cost will depend on many factors including size of the tattoo, skin type and age. To get a guide on price, please see the cost for laser tattoo removal in Sydney, alternatively you can book a free consultation to get personalised treatment information for you and your tattoo.
5. Why do some clinics quote 15+ sessions?The reason for so many treatment sessions is that the clinic is using older, slower and less powerful Nd:YAG Q-Switched technology. As you will see from the graphics on this page, there is a significant difference between nanosecond and picosecond devices. As well there is still a significant difference between the PicoWay and PicoSure devices. PicoWay is the only system to choose to remove your tattoos quickly and completely. Choosing an inferior system will cost you more in the long term as the overall costs will end up more expensive with more treatments required than choosing the PicoWay. Hopefully you are not considering IPL/ dermabrasion or salabrasion treatments as an option to remove your tattoo (warned against by WebMD). These techniques are not designed to remove tattoos and will lead to scarring and skin damage. Our PRICE MATCH POLICY also gives you the confidence that you are getting the most competitive price for the most effective Picosecond Laser system in the world.
6. What is the downtime after a treatment?The time between treatments at Detail Tattoo Removal will be significantly less than most other clinics. We have got this down to two weeks between sessions in the past, but this will depend on many factors. [unitegalleryprocess appointment catid=4]
Next stepsIf you have never been to us, you can either give us a call on 02 9231 5999 (Detail for Men) or 02 9251 9966 (Detail Woman) or click on one of the buttons below to make an enquiry or book a free consultation online now. If you already have an appointment booked at Detail for Men or Detail Woman, you can easily add a free tattoo removal consultation to your booking.
QUALITY ASSURANCE GUARANTEE
“If you are not 100% happy with the results from a 8 treatment PicoWay program by Detail Tattoo Removal, we will continue to treat the black tattoo at no additional cost of each single treatment until you are.”
- FDA Approved
- TGA Listed
Detail Tattoo Removal operate from Detail for Men and Detail Woman both are located at 8 Spring Street Sydney. Detail for Men is the world’s largest men’s hair salon and skin clinic. Detail Woman is Sydney’s only female exclusive hair salon and skin clinic.
Operating Since 2010